While there are many of options for chiropractic software today, there are few that provide the basic functionality every chiropractic office needs to run efficiently, while providing the delivery and security it needs to be compliant. Other software solutions focus on bells and whistles instead of efficient patient management and billing. Chiropractors need to look for a reliable system that provides them with the ability to reduce errors, streamline billing and collections, and manage patients.
These days, many chiropractors rely on technology solutions to streamline patient workflow and manage practice cash flow. As a result, an effective chiropractic software must help staff organize office tasks, assist physicians in securely documenting treatments, and allow accounting to reconcile payments and processes. Since 1983 we have worked to understand and master chiropractic software best practices and have boiled down our key features a practice needs from its chiropractic software.
Below we reveal our Five Critical Features to ensure your chiropractic software delivers streamlined scheduling, reporting, and billing, so your days run smoother and more efficiently with better revenue management and goal tracking.
- Accurate and Secure Electronic Documentation – Like all medical doctors, chiropractors are scrutinized by insurance audits, proper HIPAA documentation, and changing policy standards. Moreover, today’s access to data and storing and delivering it across multiple platforms puts pressure on practices to protect data and ensure accuracy its now industry required. As a result, it’s paramount that your chiropractic software is secure and accurate as it stores and shares documents, forms, and private data. Ensuring accurate and secure documentation removes anxiety from the equation, so you can concentrate on helping and treating your patients.
- Easy to Deploy and Use – Time is money, so it’s critical your office software is easy to deploy and use. In addition, your chiropractic software should allow you to reach clinical goals, while keeping things organized, so identifying a smooth onboarding process is challenging, but can be done using these criteria:
- Ensure there is very minimal software and hardware requirements, such as special servers, on-site setup, and multiple apps needed for basic functionality. • Ensure timely set-up: some software allows for installation and setup, plus training and system use within one day, while others can take weeks.
- Certified Software – As a licensed chiropractor, it’s important your chiropractic software is certified, so it complies with the Medicare Meaningful Use and the new MIPS programs. Moreover, certified software can create new revenue streams by meeting acceptable standards to receive government rebates for MIPS and Meaningful Use programs. Finally, certified software gives you peace of mind that your chiropractic software meets the strict development standards set and maintained by Microsoft, while ensuring it receives updates with the latest technology.
- Complete Medical Records and Office System – Think of your chiropractic software as the backbone of your office and practice management. Therefore, you need a software that is a true connection for the areas of billing, scheduling, office management, marketing, EMR/EHR, communication, patient education, collections, and human resources. That said, your software features must include: Including: Complete office and practice management
- patient management
- financial management
- insurance and payment collection
- complete ledger system
Including: Complete doctor and document management
- quick and easy patient documentation and communication
- built-in medical terminology to save more time with patients, less time documenting including:
– codes, phrases, exams, templates, images
– create and store note templates
– online intake forms for easy onboarding
Including: Complete document storage – Ensure all patient and office records are securely stored, so if/when you move or expand your practice, you can take it with you.
- Track and Reach your Clinic and Practice Goals – As a chiropractor, you’ve worked for many years to build your practice, so it’s important to be efficient. Effective chiropractic software allows you to set, track, edit, and reach your individual practice goals. Some software enables you to track goals daily, with a dashboard snapshot that displays milestones and events.
Purchasing chiropractic software is an investment of time and money. Effective chiropractic software establishes a true connection for the areas of billing, scheduling, practice management, marketing, EMR/EHR, communications, and collections. The difference between success and failure comes down to how quickly the software can be implemented and adopted by staff. When doctors, billers, and front-office staff are connected and comfortable with the chiropractic software, it allows your practice to focus on treating patients, and that’s good for everyone.
For more about Chiropractic Management Software read: