Content Marketing Process
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience. The goal is to convert prospects into paying customers, while building and promoting your brand.
Content marketing is a marathon, not a sprint. We take a longer-term view of how you communicate with your customers and craft a strategy that establishes your expertise and highlights your company’s qualities. If your customer loves your content, they will like your product and it will result in qualified interest. That means your content is meeting the needs of the people you are trying to reach.
We Create content that Builds Trust, Supports the Buying Process and Aligns with Your Sales Cycle
- We create sales materials and presentation decks
- We address specific issues and pain points in the market and establish where your company fits
- We build landing pages and micro sites to make it easy for buyers to self-educate
- We monitor content consumption through Marketing Software and KPIs
- We push leads that engage with your content to your sales team and CRM.
Create Buyer Personas
A buyer persona can be defined as a representation of your ideal customer. Personas are developed based on customer demographics and behavior, along with your own understanding of their motivations, challenges and problems.
Buyer personas help you:
- Determine what kind of content you need
- Set the tone, style, and delivery strategies for your content
- Target the topics you should be writing about
- Understand where buyers get their information and how they want to consume it.
Become a Subject Matter Expert
- Use Experience and Credentials to Establish Knowledge Base & Expertise
- Celebrate Your Work & Demonstrate Accomplishments
- Cite Accolades & Awards
- Share Experiences and Insight
- Leverage Industry Networking Contacts to Endorse & Comment
- Use Above tactics to become recognized as an “Influencer”
Executives & Decision Makers
Said thought leadership content had influenced them to ask a vendor to participate in the RFP process, and 47% said such content had a direct impact on awarding business. (source)
Said their opinion of a company had decreased after reading poor quality content, and a third had removed a company from consideration based on its thought leadership output. (source)
Said they are spending about 1-3 hours per week reviewing thought leadership content. (source)
Create content that Builds Trust & Supports the Buying Process
- Clone your thought leaders and product experts
- Address specific issues and pain points in the market – Answer Questions
- Use landing pages and/or microsites to make it easy for buyers to self educate
- Monitor content consumption through Marketing Software and Lead Scoring
- Score the leads that interact with your content – Sales can cherry pick hot leads